28 November - 2 December 2022 Fee:
EUR 350 Starting time:
9.00 am Nairobi Time (UTC+3) Check your local time here Duration:
In-course modules: 20 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hour Language:
Mahinda Wahome, Technical Key Account Manager Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda.
Mahinda is the GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert and trainer for the Eastern Africa Region. He joined GLOBALG.A.P. in June 2018 to support the region’s Farm Assurers, Certification Bodies, Producers and other stakeholders. He has been in the horticultural sector serving at various capacities for over 20 years. As an expert in Good Agricultural Practices, he assists producers in the certification of agricultural products in Africa ensuring they comply with the market requirements. He holds a Bsc. Agriculture degree from the University of Nairobi. Mahinda is qualified in Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor certification, Crop Protection, Integrated Crop Management, and Environmental Management.
Who should participate?:
- Anyone who is interested in how the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification system operates
- Anyone that wants to know more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) General Regulations and standard (principles and criteria) requirements for the product category of fruit and vegetables
- Persons interested on becoming a GLOBALG.A.P. Registered Trainer
- Professionals in the agricultural sector, producers and consultants
++Please note, that this is not a GLOBALG.A.P. Certification Body Training.
- You will have a better understanding how the GLOBALG.A.P. system functions.
- You will receive comprehensive technical knowledge about the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Standard for fruit and vegetables, and also learn more about the IFA General Regulations.
- You will learn more about the principle and criteria requirements for fruit and vegetables and suitable ways to implement it.
- You will get more familiar with the GFS and Smart editions and understand the differences and similarities.
- You will be equipped to provide training services on the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA v6 standard.
- You will have fulfilled part of the GLOBALG.A.P. training requirements for your Registered Trainer application.
- This is an online face-to-face workshop with a trainer including many interactive activities and group work with other course participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance and examination. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform before the training starts
- The maximum number of participants is 15. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment
- Use of Microsoft Teams to connect to the live sessions with the trainer.
- Stable internet connection: test it here Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video
- Camera and microphone activated
- Use of headset
- Calm environment
- Any of the following browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy
By registering for workshop you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions
for Workshop and Trainings.